New Patient Information
Selecting a new dentist isn't easy, and being a new patient can cause anxiety and apprehension for some patients. At Tradition Parkway Dental Care, we do our best to make the new patient experience as enjoyable as possible. Here's what you can expect as a new patient at our Port St. Lucie, Florida, office.
It can be easy to forget when you scheduled a dental appointment but now we will remind you with an Appointment Reminder via email or text message. And if it's your first visit, we'll be happy to provide driving directions. Just click on the link below to let us know how you'd like to be contacted. We'll do the rest!
Release of Records Consent
Download the release of records consent form.
The New Patient Experience at Tradition Parkway Dental Care
1. Initial Consultation: We have all our potential new patients come in for an initital consultation with our dentist. This is an informal meeting where you'll have the opportunity to ask our dentist any questions you have about our dental offices, the services offered and more. Our dentist may also ask you a few questions to gain a better understanding of your oral health needs.
2. Scheduling First Appointment: After the initial consultation, you'll have the opportunity to officially become a new patient at Tradition Parkway Dental Care and schedule your first appointment. Our staff can help you set up this visit.
3. Paperwork: Once your appointment is scheduled, we ask that you complete our new patient paperwork. These forms include basic contact information, in addition to your dental and medical history. You can download these forms at the following link to complete them at home, or you may arrive 20 to 30 minutes early for your appointment to complete them in our office.
4. Comprehensive Examination: Our dentist will review your dental history and then proceed to examine your teeth, gums and other oral health tissues, looking for decay, gum disease and other problems.
5. Teeth Cleaning: After the examination, our dentist will perform a thorough teeth cleaning to remove built-up plaque and tartar and protect your teeth and gums from decay and disease.
6. X-Rays: Once your teeth are cleaned, our dentist will take x-rays of your mouth, looking for problems not visible during the exam. Our digital x-rays can show deep cavities, tooth fractures, bone loss and more.
7. Post-Exam Consultation: Your first appointment will conclude with a post-examination consultation with our dentist where you'll receive the results of your exam and x-rays. If any problems were discovered, such as cavities or gum disease, our dentist will explain them to you and review your treatment options.
After your first visit, we invite you to schedule appointments for any other recommended treatments with our office staff. If no additional treatments are needed, our dentist recommends scheduling your next exam and cleaning six months from now. Receiving biannual teeth cleanings is important to maintaining good oral health.
If you're ready to meet with our dentist and find out if Tradition Parkway Dental Care can meet all your dental health needs, call us at 772-345-8332 to schedule your initial consultation.